TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 99-00 cluster installed.
People Seeking Info

Subject 99-00 cluster installed.

Posted by Zeke21 on January 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM
  This message has been viewed 2333 times.

Message Yesterday I installed a 99-00 spec cluster into my Z and thought I'd share some photos. I really love the way this unit looks in the Z. The gold face gauges bring a look of luxury to the interior that I enjoy. The red illumination, while it can be more subtle (some may feel its too dim) it is pleasant to view/easy on the eyes and helps set it apart form the rest of the illumination in the car.

Note: I had to create a new upper indicator panel (the plastic bezel that features the turn signals and other indicator lights) as JDM cars after 97 did not have cruise control. Further the arrangement of the indicator lights and their harnesses were flipped compared to USDM clusters. With a custom indicator panel it allowed me to retain the cruise control lights and I did not have to cut any of the body harness or create a new sub harness. The goal was to create an OEM looking panel with the same font as the 99/00 panel. I think it turned out nice.

Special thanks to DVDBurn for the calibration. He comes highly recommended. This 180 km/h speedo was turn into an 180 MPH speedo.

A pulled back view.

Close up during the day. The camera over exposed the plastic panel around the gauges so it looks brighter than it really is for some reason, sorry for the bad photo.

Close up, cluster lights on during the day.

Night time photo. Bad photo...tried holding the camera steady by hand. I'll try for another when I have my tripod with me next time.

Was able to rest the camera on the steering wheel for a better photo close up at night.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.